Pianist John Crawford recounts the life of drummer Simon Pearson, who passed away on 3rd September at the age of 54 following a brief illness. His talent, warmth, and generosity touched the lives of many in the music world. ## A Drummer of Rare Qualities Continue reading
Simon Pearson, a talented and muchloved drummer, passed away on September 3, at the age of 54 after a brief illness. A central figure in the jazz community, Pearson was celebrated for his incredible technique, sightreading abilities, and engaging solos. Continue reading
I’m Dr. Miles Beaumont from the charming town of York in the UK. I’ve spent over three decades as a medical doctor, helping people and contributing to important research. I graduated from Oxford University, and ever since, I’ve devoted myself to improving the health and lives of others.
When I’m not practicing medicine, you’ll find me soaking up the world of jazz music. It’s been a passion of mine since I turned 30, and I’ve been an active part of York’s jazz scene ever since. Whether it’s going to local gigs, listening to records at home, or just enjoying the rhythmic and improvisational magic of jazz, it’s a big part of who I am.
- Irreversible Entanglements – ‘Protect Your Light’: A Unique Musical Journey
- Brad Mehldau’s “14 Reveries” Premiere at Wigmore Hall
- A Tribute to John Marshall: Remembering the Legendary British Drummer
- Remembering John Marshall: A Titan of British Jazz
- Sarah Jane Morris Presents ‘The Sisterhood’ at Cadogan Hall