women in jazz
The Amazonas Green Jazz Festival took place in Manaus, Brazil, from July 21 to July 30, 2023. This remarkable event featured a diverse range of programming that showcased both renowned and obscure Brazilian musicians, as well as international bands and commissioned works. This article delves into the highlights of the festival, exploring the incredible performances… Continue reading
I’m Dr. Miles Beaumont from the charming town of York in the UK. I’ve spent over three decades as a medical doctor, helping people and contributing to important research. I graduated from Oxford University, and ever since, I’ve devoted myself to improving the health and lives of others.
When I’m not practicing medicine, you’ll find me soaking up the world of jazz music. It’s been a passion of mine since I turned 30, and I’ve been an active part of York’s jazz scene ever since. Whether it’s going to local gigs, listening to records at home, or just enjoying the rhythmic and improvisational magic of jazz, it’s a big part of who I am.
- Irreversible Entanglements – ‘Protect Your Light’: A Unique Musical Journey
- Brad Mehldau’s “14 Reveries” Premiere at Wigmore Hall
- A Tribute to John Marshall: Remembering the Legendary British Drummer
- Remembering John Marshall: A Titan of British Jazz
- Sarah Jane Morris Presents ‘The Sisterhood’ at Cadogan Hall